28.9.08

Just Writing

My mind is stuck like a rock that wedges itself into a narrow canyon never to be moved until the rare desert rains eat away at it and the wall of the canyon. At the same time that I am stuck my mind feel poised. To fall hard and fast from the high point that comes from the long arduous climb of learning. It is not a bad fall, not a crash, more like a launch into flight, the initial fall of a BASE jumper followed by the elegant and peaceful glide back to a soft green meadow. There is a tension in my mind, an anticipation. For what I do not know. Something great or something horrible. If my experience it to be trusted it will be something indifferent and not truly matter in the scheme of things. Is there such thing as a scheme of things?

And now for something completely different.

The great wall of the city rose high from the deserted plain. It was of a tan almost yellow stone that from a distance shown like gold. The wall were high and smooth to block the sand that would blow at it from the south forever trying to take little chunks out of the all. The wall presumable protected the homes of the true and the riotous from the world out side. They were a symbol of what humanity could be and the ideals that everybody should aspires to. The walls that separated one person from another, the rich from the poor, the godly from the unholy. But the wall was only a symbol. The wind and sand pay no heed to symbols. Those who considered themselves within the wall in truth walked side by side with those that knew that they were out in the desert. When the wind would rise up and the sands would fly those within the walls would stand up high and proud knowing in there hearts that the sand could not touch them. They would ignore the hash cuts and burns, caused by the small crystals of quartz, not believing them to by real. And the mud that filled their lungs would prevent them from giving their thanks to the great wall that protected them. The people who lived outside the wall would cower and hide when the wide battered them. They would duck under their cloaks and robes and hide from the pain of the world around them. Before they would duck away they would see those within the walls standing high and proud and wish that they too had protection. But they would duck away and not see those within the walls fall. They would hide for as long as the winds blew and as the drifts of sand built around them they were eventually crushed by its wait. And those with the symbol of the wall were no different from those without. But the wall separated the people it kept them from working together to build a true wall that encompassed everybody and stood up to the winds.

Ok that was way to serious and feels like a very long, drawn out, and cliche way of saying that we are all the same and should work together.

I feel like putting something here that I wrote a while ago for a friend that was bored at work. The mood need to be lightened.

I was walking around the other day and I look over and see this little wood pecker. I watch him for a moment and realize he is trying to talk to me. I pull out my handy dandy code breaker and find that he is mad at me for watching him like I am. So I go up to the tree and knock out a message "I bet you would be less upset if you stopped hitting your head against that tree." He looks at with his angry little bird eyes and tapes out another message. "If you are so dam smart why don't you tell me another way to get these bugs form under the bark." I stand there and think for a moment and then I went to the hard ware story and returned with a small chainsaw.
And that is how I lost my left hand.
Never give a bird a chainsaw, they are not good people.

I think that is good enough for not the night I really don't feel like doing anymore math which is what I was writing to gain inspiration to do. It did not work so I'm going home to read a book, dream of all the beautiful people that I have in my life and wish that I was not alone in my bed.

Sweet (sweat?) dreams to all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Raevsky said...

I'd be happy to remember sweet or sweat dreams, though I'll have to clean up the latter more. Or will I...

3/10/08 17:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home